It’s a fact – all Magnesium Hydroxide slurries are not created equal. Why take chances with a Lime or Caustic blend? These lower quality, poorly refined products are being offered – sometimes by questionable suppliers – who are aware of the negative consequences their “blended” product will deliver. Costly negative consequences can include:
- UPSET MICROORGANISMS in Biological Processes
- POORER QUALITY cake solids, driving up dewatering, disposal and hauling costs
- DANGER TO STAFF, creating safety hazards and driving up insurance costs
- Adding DETRIMENTAL SCALE and increasing O&M costs
- Increased truck traffic due to WEAKER ALKALINE concentration
Thioguard® technical grade magnesium hydroxide, is the only Mg(OH)2 product that can deliver the highest alkalinity as well as safe and consistent pH levels throughout your treatment process. There is no higher grade, or more concentrated form, of Mg(OH)2 slurry than Thioguard. Nothing else comes close in terms of purity, reactivity and stability.
The recent development of these blended chemistries, combining caustic soda or lime with Mg(OH)2 is either an attempt to disguise a lower quality magnesium hydroxide, or a problematic attempt to gain the benefits of magnesia, without the negative consequences of caustic soda and lime. Unfortunately, even the smallest quantities of caustic and lime will negatively affect your entire process, and will likely end up being extremely costly, in the long run. It turns out you do get what you pay for, and when you “cut corners” by introducing lime or caustic soda, your plant is very likely to get burned in the process.
ALL MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE IS NOT CREATED EQUAL…
AND BLENDED PRODUCTS CANNOT DELIVER THE BENEFITS
OF Mg(OH)2 WITHOUT INTRODUCING MULTIPLE
- A Premium Patented Technology – Sourced and Produced in the US
- Distribution Terminals Throughout the US
- No Sludge-Producing Fillers
- Inventory Management Services
- Application Consulting Services